Sunday, April 26, 2009

What Little Boys Are Made Of


Today's project was to clean out the camper and get it stocked and ready for our 1st camping weekend of the season. Bubby rode around in the stroller until he was sleepy and then hung out in there while I worked in the camper. Tank did his usual exploring around the property.

Whenever we go out for these little excursions outdoors, I always put old clothes & mud boots on Tank. For those of you that know him well, you understand the need for that attire. Today was no different. It didn't take long to find the GIANT puddle behind the camper. Due to this discovery, he could no longer join me inside the camper as I cleaned. I could however, hear the playful giggles of a little boy running back and forth, back and forth, thru the giant puddle. I stepped out to check on him and he came running over, soaked from the waist down. Oh well, what's a little water going to hurt, right?

As he took off to make another pass at the puddle, as any mother would, I said "don't fall down in the mid..." That's about as far as I got in my advice before he splashed down face first in the middle of the puddle. He came running over wanting me to pick him up and love on him since he fell down. Sorry Tank, you've got another thing coming if you think I'm going to pick you up! He played around a little more in this condition before I reached a stopping point in my camper cleaning and headed inside with him. We did our usual undress outside on the porch routine. The mud boots were 1/2 full of water. Guess those aren't exact water proof when you fall down and lay in the puddle. The clothes were soaked and muddy. And the boy in them wasn't much better. We headed in to get in the tub. Somehow he managed to get mud in his ears. Not sure how that happened and I probably don't want to know. So after a good scrub down, he was good as new and ready for another romp outside. The old saying suggests that "snips & snails & puppy dog tails is what little boys are made of". Although I think mine might just be made of sticks, rocks, & mud...with a touch of piss & vinegar. :)
Hope everyone enjoyed the warm windy day, in spite of a few sprinkles here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment