Tuesday, May 5, 2009

History Lesson


This posting is more for our family memories than anything else. Some of you may find it interesting but I'm mostly posting it to document it as a memory for our family.
Some of you may know that our home has been in our family for almost 100 years. Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I am close with my family and my roots. When I have left home, it wasn't for all that long. When I "moved" to college, I came home every weekend except 1 during my entire college education. Then when I moved to be with my future husband at the time, it was less than 2 years before we moved back to my homestead. Although I love to travel and see new places, I love to come home! Call me a home body if you want but it's my comfort space.
Anyway, on to the history lesson. The home that we live in, first came into my family in 1915 when my Great Grandpa & Grandma bought the house. My Grandpa was 1 year old at the time so he grew up in the very house that we live in today. Then in 1940 my Grandpa & Grandma bought the house and raised their growing family here. Which means my father also grew up in this house. In 1983 my Mom & Dad bought the house and raised their family here. Thus, I grew up in this house. Most recently, my husband and I bought the house in 2007 and are raising our family here. Which means that Tank & Bubby are the 5th generation in my family to live in our home. I'm sure there aren't many families that can say that and I'm proud to be one of the few. I wish I had a picture of the house as each generation purchased it to see how it changed through the years. But since we don't have that, all I can do it start that tradition and hope one of my children want to call this house their home in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment