Tank mastered the art of actually steering a trike instead of just going until he hits something. We were camping with friends and he enjoyed riding their toys. So to answer your question...no we did not buy him a pink trike with a pink helmet. Although, if they were on clearance...don't think I wouldn't consider it!
Tank even let his friend Sandra ride shotgun. She hasn't quite figured out how to hold the button down to make it go all the time so he took care of that and she enjoyed steering. They are partners in crime and drive Sandra's mom crazy all day long...every day!

He met a new friend too. Tank & Olivia rode the sit & spin together. I actually didn't know it was possible to double up on a sit & spin but I was proven wrong...again.
Yes, Bubby did go along too but he mostly sat back and watched like usual. So I don't have many action shots of him. His latest tricks are sitting up by himself, trying new solids everyday, and drinking from a sippy cup. No more bottles here we come!!
A few of Tank's little moments from the past few days...
He has learned how to get out of his car seat by himself. This is something that I did not teach him and did not want him to learn. He wiggles out of the top of the seat belt and then makes his way around the van. I first witnessed this when I was driving down the road on Saturday and he jumped up behind me and said..."HI!" This was followed by the instinctual screeching tires (next time I'll remember that this is not the best way to come to a stop when you have a child that is not strapped in) and a little life lesson before he was placed back in his car seat.
Another event in the van...tonight on the way home from daycare I had given Tank a sippy of water, not thinking anything of it because he often drinks in the car. After I felt a splash on my shoulder, I looked back in my "bus driver mirror" just in time to see him take a big drink and spurt it out of his mouth like a whale, all over the back of my seat. Lovely.
He also managed to use his newly learned trick to escape from the car seat while we were parked just so he could sneak up and grab a bottle that Bubby decided he didn't want. He managed to get a good amount of it sucked down before I came back around to the front and caught him. He threw the bottle and jumped back in his seat as if nothing happened. I had bought him a Bug Juice, which is his favorite, but he quickly learned that naughty boys don't get treats.
That's all I can think of for now, and that's plenty for me. I think all of that added about 20 more gray hairs to my poor head.
No comments:
Post a Comment