Friday, October 21, 2011

Mommy Magic



Yesterday morning was the first chilly morning I remembered to take advantage of the great feature of remote start in my "new-to-me" car. Through the kitchen window I quickly started it up while I was finishing getting Bubby ready to head out the door. Tank had already went out himself, as usual.


When I got to the car to let Bubby in, I saw an unexpected site. Tank was sitting in his car seat, shaking, crying, and scared out of his mind. It took him a little bit to get it out but the gist of it was "the ccccaaarrr did that all by itself!!!" He was the most terrified I think I have ever seen him. Keep in mind, this kid is normally scared of NOTHING!


I couldn't help but giggle a little but managed to calm him down after a few miles down the road. All the while explaining that mommy can make the car do that with her keys and that the car is not going to drive off alone with him in it.


This morning as we walked out to the car together, Tank is mumbling to himself..."It's ok if the car starts itself", apparently reassuring himself that all is good. Since the remote start locks the doors, they were locked when Tank got there. After I heard him make a few tugs, I unlocked the doors with the remote. He jumped right in and said "Mommy, the car just opened the door for me!" Apparently the magic car is now his friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment