Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A new undertaking!

By suggestion from a few others, I have decided to start this blog. Not only to share our memories with others, but to save those memories for years to come. I'll admit, I'm not the fancy scrapbook making creative person but give me a computer and I'll do my best to make it pretty. So this will be a dual purpose blog that I hope to save for years to come so the kids can look back and see how they enriched our lives everyday...and what they put us through! :)

Many of you have heard this story already but I'll use it as a starting point for the blog...

On Sunday, I came home from an enjoyable kid free morning surveying the Carver Craft Show and having lunch with my best friend. When I got home, my loving husband informed me that Tank was napping in his room and Bubby was sleeping in the living room. Wow! Did I win the lottery?!? What a glorious day! Shortly after he slipped outside to catch up on the outside work, I heard little footsteps upstairs. It's a common practice of Tank's to have a little fun in his room upstairs before he actually lays down to nap. Lately, he's figured out how to get his room door open and stealthly explore the upstairs bedrooms. He tried to sneak downstairs and got busted. So he was escorted back to his room. Shortly after that, Bubby woke up and was quick to let me know that he was hungry. I sat down in the comfy recliner to feed him his bottle. Again, I hear the little footsteps upstairs. But...now that I'm committed to feeding Bubby, I can't go attend to Tank just yet. So I continue to feed Bubby and will deal with Tank when I'm done. Several minutes go by and no signs of Tank roaming freely upstairs so I assume he's gone back to his room and fallen fast asleep. But that was not the case. Soon, I hear him coming downstairs again. He sneaks around the corner and shows his face. And of course, since I'm feeding Bubby, he has to come climb up and sit on me too...all 3 of us in one chair. Cozy right? Umm...no! Tank tries to climb up on my and slides down. Hmm, that was weird. So I reach a free hand and try to help him up since he's not going to go away. His arm slides out of my hand and I'm now left with a large amount of a greasy substance on my hand. This follows this exchange...

Mom!: WHAT is all over you?!?

Tank: (looking down at his arms in shock) Oh No! YUCK!!!!

Mom!: WHAT did you do?!?

Tank: (holding out his greasy arms) OH NO!!!

So apparently he now wants me to believe that strangely this greasy substance has suddenly appeared all over him, due to no actions of his own. Obviously, I'm not that dense. I have to finish feeding Bubby for another minute or two. All the while, thinking of the mess that is waiting for me upstairs. Once I'm done with Bubby, I let Tank lead me to the scene of the crime. Upstairs to our bedroom we go. He had retrieved a jar of Vaseline that I had been using on my incredibly dry hands at night, and proceeded to spread a THICK layer all over his hands, arms, head, and neck. I have learned to stop asking "Why?" at this point because I can never answer that question. He also decided to paint my pillow and the majority of our bedding with the chapped skin cure all. My reaction..."AUGH!" I gather up all the bedding to head to the laundry room, with Tank muttering in the background...."oh no! oh no! oh no!" As you can probably guess, he gets to say that a lot. With the bedding in the wash, we head to the tub to attempt to clean the mess off Tank. It's a very good thing that he had recently received his "warm weather haircut" and was sporting a short buzz cut. If not, he would have gotten it right now. After plenty of shampoo, tons of soap, and a good rough scrubbing, he was released from the wrath of bath time...leaving the scene as a well moisturized, never to be chapped again, little boy. Again, I say "AUGH!" I'm still looking for the hidden cameras that must be in my house since I'm convinced that the University is doing a study on me to see how long before I snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment