I have decided that all little boys should come with their own personal maid. Oh wait...I think I get that job. Well, in that case, I've been working overtime lately. These little monsters have been keeping me on my toes more than usual lately. Here's a few of the latest happenings...
1. The Great Cheesecake Disaster of 2010
After a recent trip to Des Moines for a work related seminar, I picked up my friend Tami a well deserved piece of Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory as a special thank you for allowing the boys to come at 6 am so I could make the trip to Des Moines that morning. When I went to get it from the refrigerator the next morning to take it to her, this is what I found...
Apparently Tank thought it looked pretty tasty too and had a midnight snack while the rest of us were sleeping. I think you could see the steam coming from my ears like a cartoon when I discovered it. Upon arrival at daycare that morning, he sadly told Tami "I'm sorry that I ruined your special treat" with the big brown eyes batting like he could get out of it with his cuteness. Grrr....
2. The "Artist"
This event wins the top prize for worst mess yet...hands down. Notice I didn't say worst mess ever, because I'm sure one of them will try to top it in the future.
One recent morning, I went to get Bubby out of his crib. As I neared the top of the stairs, I could smell the present waiting for me. Thinking it was just a nasty diaper, I approached his room preparing my nose. Turns out I should have prepared my stomach as well because I almost lost my breakfast when I saw what was really waiting for me. Bubby did have a extra nasty diaper that morning, however, it was what he did with it that made it the worst mess yet. He had taken the liberty to remove the diaper, toss a little of the contents out onto the floor, and proceeded to "paint" the entire crib, every rung mind you, along with every wall he could reach. He was covered head to toe with the diaper contents as well. As he stood there smiling with poo on his face (hurl!) I just froze, not knowing where to even start.
I attempted to use wipes to get him cleaned off enough that I could take him down to the bathtub. But at this point it was dried and not coming off with a simple wet wipe. (Hurl again!) So I did the extended arm carry and ran him down to the tub to soak it off. After he was all cleaned up, I changed my clothes as well because I still smelled it on me somewhere that I couldn't find. Turns out the smell was just embeded in my nose and wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. I returned to the scene of the crime, removed the bedding, and started to tackle the mess. I think I used a whole container of Clorox wipes on the crib and walls. But it still smelled. After giving up, I just opened the windows and hoped the windy day would help the cause. After a full day of airing out, the room was pretty close to being back to normal. I however, am scared for life. Ha!
3. Swiper No Swiping!
As you already know from the Cheesecake incident, Tank tends to get himself in trouble by stealing snacks and treats that he knows he shouldn't have. I have tried to curb this habit in several ways that haven't worked yet. Such as moving the treats to the highest shelf, out of sight. And putting locks on cabinets/appliances. But nothing stops him. Recently, I found 2 boxes of Little Debbie Honey Buns under his bed. Most of them were gone, with only a few lucky survivors. I have also found several bottles of juice on the kitchen floor during the night. All gone. On a recent Saturday morning, he got up early and helped himself into the deep freezer. Again, it has a lock on the top of it but it didn't stop him. He used the dog kennel to stand on top of it and reach the top lock to gain access. Then helped himself to a popsicle. I later found the popsicle wrapper and melted remains on an end table in the living room. This lead me to check the freezer that was still standing open. I also found the box & wrapper of a German Chocolate Bar that I had bought for a recipe. The entire bar was gone. It's no wonder that kid is always amped. He's pumped full of sugar!!

No comments:
Post a Comment